Air Force, Bagdogra was established in the year 1963 with 200 students from LKG to class II. It was then upgraded to Class VIII in 1989. In 1992, class IX and X were introduced and finally in 2005 the school was upgraded to Senior Secondary level with Arts and Commerce. The school is fully equipped with the latest teaching methods and aids. It functions under the strict supervision of the IAF Educational and Cultural Society with qualified and efficient teaching and non-teaching staff. There is a close relationship between teachers and the taught.
Air Force School family delights in seeing its students blossoming into enlightened citizens fully alive to their responsibilities towards parents, society & motherland.
The school’s main objective is to provide quality education. In addition to academic excellence, the school aims.
1. To provide a stimulating, purposeful, safe and secure environment.
2. Enable all children to develop the necessary social skills in a cheerful and stress-free atmosphere.
3. To guide students to learn to appreciate and respect environment and become conscious of the need to protect and preserve nature.
4. To imbibe positive value among students that will be the foundation of confident and secure individuals who are good humans.
5. To make children aware that a disciplined environment is conducive to success in life.
Teacher’s Aim :To chisel and mould the young minds.
Student’s Aim : To achieve holistic development.
School’s Aim : To augment the educational facilities for the children of the Air Force Personnel and Civilians. To promote development of academic excellence, discipline, character, moral values and national integration among school children. To promote sports and co-curricular activities. To prepare the students for All India Senior Secondary Education (AISSE) and All India Senior School Certificate Examination (AISSCE) conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).